SoMimiMusic: Gwen Stefani #ThisIsWhatTheTruthFeelsLike #GwenO2O

Monday, March 21, 2016 Unknown 0 Comments


Album Review: This Is What the Truth Feels Like  - Gwen Stefani

Album Cover
*Introducing a new featured section on the blog, SoMimiMusic, album reviews! Enjoy*

Salutations Sirens, 

Didya hear? 

Gwen Stefani's got a new music project out, right now! Her new
album, titled This is What The Truth Feels Like is a certified banger! No Doubt (pardon the pun), I had to give it a listen and share with you my reflections, track by track and overall album review.. It was released March 18, but I got a chance to preview it early as part of a special promotion with One2One Network. Yeah, I know, lucky duck! In case you wonder what are my qualifications are to review music, that's another post, but music was my first love before blogging. I used to do marketing for two top music acts. But music taste is subjective,  You're qualified as a music critic if you have ears, honestly :P 

A little backstory about my love for Miss Stefani: First of all, I've loved Gwen since No Doubt first surfaced. Her style is #OOTD inspiration in its purest form, and its been that way since I was in middle school. She looks and sounds flawless, but makes it look so easy, right? From the wild hair colors of years past, to all of the edgy fashions, and that #VOICE, she slays. Obviously, I've been getting life from Gwen since the "Don't Speak" all the way through "Hollaback Girl" eras.  I've never been down with what people call "stanning" culture a little to extreme for my subtle tastes, but let it suffice to say that I'm a old fan of her work. Simply put, Gwen Stefani is back 
'cuz she never left, and it's raw, she's putting everything on the table; sharing her ups and downs, her happiness and heartbreak, all in her own key. She's got a story to tell.

Let me tell you, I hurried at warp speed to go access my stream of  "This Is What The Truth Feels Like" which for finger saving purposes, I may refer to as "TIWTFL". There are a total of  12 tracks that I was grooving, crying, singing and moving to. On this album, she gives something for everybody, the pop crowd, she always embraces urban music with a hip hop flair, and you just WAIT for the torch song because you know she's going to blow! 

Wait. Did I mention if you snag your copy at Target there's FOUR bonus songs? Yep! She also made music video history, creating it live during the Grammys broadcast last month. Genius!

Tracklist:
* Indicates four Target Exclusive tracks

01. Misery
02. You're My Favorite
03. Where Would I Be
04. Make Me Like You
05. Truth
06. Used to Love You
07. Send Me a Picture
08. Red Flag
09. Asking for It
10. Naughty
11. Me Without You
12. Rare
13. Rocket Ship *
14. Getting Warmer *
15. Obsessed *
16. Splash *

My immediate reflections of each track, in one word: 

The standout track, Make Me Like You, IMHO
01. Misery   -   introspective          
02. You're My Favorite -  current
03. Where Would I Be  -  bouncy
04. Make Me Like You  -  adorable
05. Truth    -   straightforward
06. Used to Love You - heartbreaking
07. Send Me a Picture  -   flirty
08. Red Flag   -   fiery
09. Asking for It   -  pop
10. Naughty    -  unusual
11. Me Without You  -  vindicating
12. Rare   -  brilliant
13. Rocket Ship *
14. Getting Warmer *
15. Obsessed *
16. Splash *




Gwen's creative process and inspiration for the album, in her own words. Get your copy of This is What the Truth Feels Like, in stores now at your local Target, and treat your ears to this outstanding album. Whether its passion, pain, or pop, Gwen's got all your musical moods covered on this one.  Hope you liked my first album review on the blog, stay tuned, there's more to come!

Sonically yours,


Mimi

#GwenO2O  #sponsoredpost

0 comments:

Let me know what's on your mind in the comments!

Blog Archive

buzzoole code